In 2010 Alexander Rakita set up an architectural studio in Hampstead, North-West London, building the new practice upon the foundation of his 20-year international career.
Today, we are a dynamic and ambitious multilingual cosmopolitan team, with abundant experience in complex cross-cultural settings and various types of projects ranging from houses to airports to master planning.
At AR Architecture, we are inspired by challenges and always seek to add value by excellent design, while strictly adhering to our Clients’ brief and budget.
Our Client’s business objectives are always at the heart of the design process, and innovative creativity goes hand-in-hand with commercial insight. Developers and investors appreciate our attentive listening culture and our efficient work procedures aided by the utilisation of BIM software.
Our residential portfolio includes new contemporary houses, multi-unit developments, extensions, loft/basement conversions and period refurbishments.
Many of our projects are in listed buildings or conservation areas; we relish the challenge of obtaining consents for these schemes and pride ourselves on producing modern designs which are sensitive to their historical context.
AR Architecture has accumulated vast experience working with large international hospitality brands and boutique hotels alike. We know first-hand how to implement the strictest operator’s standards and find creative solutions for the most complex and demanding projects.
The practice and its members have won many national and international awards for the broad range of commercial, hospitality and residential projects.
- “ We have been working as Heritage Consultants with Alexander Rakita and other colleagues at AR Architecture for over a year on a major Grade 2* listed project in Eaton Square and have found the working relationship to be both responsive and pro-active. ” (more…)Jeremy BlakePurcell
- “ AR Architecture has recently completed the refurbishment and remodeling of two flats within a mansion block of 187 flats within West Kensington.
The process includes the obtaining of license approval from the Landlord for whom I act as a surveyor.
Mr. Rakita handled the entire process with professionalism and attention to detail and worked well with the contractors to minimise disturbance to other residents. ” (more…)Charles MossCharles Moss Associates
- “ Alexander of AR Architecture ran our project in 2011-2012. It's been a very challenging project involving complete remodelling of a large Victorian mansion block apartment in London. Given the limitations both from the budget side as well as from the licensing authorities, AR Architecture performed exceptionally, well, coordinating numerous subcontractors and suppliers, providing unorthodox design ideas, communicating with the licensing supervision, etc. ” (more…)Artem ShevalevClient
- “ We've been working with AR Architecture on a job designing and building a home-office at the back of our house, as well as renovating other parts of the house. They have been extremely professional, came up with excellent design ideas, and have a real attention to detail. They've also been great project managers, helping us through the process of planning permission, surveys, appointing contractors etc. High quality work and extremely professional. ”Nick MidgleyClient
- “ Fantastic service provided and design we were looking for. Alexander has been extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of our projects. Alexander has been able to follow the project from the start until completion. We have really appreciated all you have done for us, life changing! We would definitely use him again without hesitation. ”Xavier AbulkerClient
- “ It was a great pleasure of working with Alexander and his team on a residential development project. He is an exceptionally skilled architect with great knowledge and working experience. Services are up to a very high standard with attention to details. A true professional and a pleasure to work with. ”Natalia RusakHampstead Design Hub
As architects, we see ourselves responsible for the quality of people’s living environment.
Working with private clients, we regard them as our co-authors, whom we help to create a space where they can feel at home and be in harmony with their surroundings.
At AR Architecture, we enjoy working within physical, budgetary and cultural limitations, finding that the most interesting creative solutions originate from the most challenging constraints.
Our designs incorporate a thorough examination of environmental issues to reduce energy consumption and derive maximum benefit from natural resources.
We think that buildings are elements of the environment as well as artefacts of a certain historic period; their lasting value is determined by the perennial factors of scale, materiality, quality, practicality, adaptability and interaction with the environment. We aim to create well-considered, functional, elegant modern structures that make appropriate use of advanced materials and construction, while remaining respectful of the context and being inspired by it. Our projects tend to respond creatively to their surroundings, rather than be inhibited by them.
AR Architecture is a RIBA Chartered Practice. In our work we adhere to the highest professional standards set both by the Royal Institute of British Architects and the Architects’ Registration Board.
AR Architecture received an Honorable Mention in the Architectural Masterprize for the National Concert Hall project in Vilnius, Latvia....
AR Architecture received the “Best Architecture Single Residence” award by the United Kingdom Property Awards for our Fairholt Street project...
We are delighted to announce that AR Architecture has been recognised in BUILD’s 2019 Design & Build Awards! The...
AR Architecture has been shortlisted for The London Construction Awards 2015 in London Architectural Firm of the Year category....
The International Property Awards are open to residential and commercial property professionals from around the globe. Since 1995, they...
AR Architecture competed against a number of architects in the region to receive the United Kingdom Property Awards 2014-15...
The Green Planet Awards aims to raise awareness about the critical situation the environment is currently facing, and human...
Urban Ideal Ltd is a company specialising in construction and development services in compliance with best industry standards and practices for financial institutions as well as private investors in the UK.
Grandlane is a privately owned Property Development Company operating in the premium private sector residential market, specifically in London and the Home Counties. The key descriptive word for the process of Grandlane’s business portfolio is Quality.
Parking Set Automated Parking Solutions Group has created and developed an eco-friendly, clean and energy-efficient technology for the new generation of modular fully robotic automated parking systems suitable for the most complex locations.
ABITANT Complete Interior Design Solution offers a wide range of services for the residential sector, from professional advice to comprehensive development, procurement, implementation and delivery of completed interiors on turnkey basis.